Monday, October 17, 2011

fair weather runner

i told jason this weekend as we drove to the farmers market past several people out for walks on a fairly warm fall morning, that i am willing to call myself a runner as long as i qualify it with the term "fair weather". running in the cold bundled with layers of clothing and snot pouring from my ever dripping nose just doesnt sound like fun to me.

that was two days ago. and now im planning a run for this evening. while i still dont want to start out on a training plan, or even make running a regular part of my week, i do know that i need to get out there once in a while just to remind myself that i can. and to enjoy the quiet and now crisp alone time. walking with the kids last week was nice, but just doesnt have the same zing to it that a lonely run does. this morning i am looking forward to a lonely run.

1 comment: