Sunday, November 6, 2011

vulnerable

i have been postponing writing this for nearly a week. but, i knew time was coming to get it down after i had a long day to reflect yesterday and then this evening a good conversation with jason about it (while on a three mile run. but thats not the point ive been so twisted up about.) so, here it is.

i have been really struggling with feelings of insecurity, inadequacy, and overall feeling as if im letting every one down. i am not a people-pleaser, and im not sure i ever have been- but i have had a lot of issues related to feeling constantly down on myself, feeling as if i cant do anything right, as if i am not a good enough version of myself.

i have found minor situations creeping up in other areas of my life (an off hand comment turning into an upsetting night of dreams, minor physical insecurities leading to greater overall disapproval of myself) and ive decided not to let them take over my every thought. the solution: write them down to get them out of my head.



image source


i am choosing not to give up. i am actively choosing to make a change. and i am not doing it on my own.

Ephesians 3:20
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.


i am not called to a life filled with insecurities. and i never need to question my value. i am Christ's glorious inheritance.

Ephesians 1:18
I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.


so tonight i am admitting to having lived the last several weeks in fear- and tonight i am claiming Proverbs 31:25 as my new reality.



image source

tomorrow begins with a confident hope, as a glorious inheritance, and without fear of the future.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am glad you are pushing forward without fear. It is really hard to not get caught up in self-doubt. Remember you are amazing. And the best part is that it's not you that has to accomplish anything, but God in you. So, there is no reason to live in fear, because it's God's problem... not yours. :) I know its much easier said then done, how many times do I say I am going to move to this new ministry without fear and end up panicked over it. But, just keep clinging to these promises God gave you and when you have doubts creep up, look back at them. And always keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a powerful post. you are not alone. may your days continue to be filled with that glorious inheritance for, in that, there is no room for fear.

    ReplyDelete